- What do I want to accomplish by planting trees (i.e. snow control, visual screening, windbreak, odor reduction, improve relationships with neighbors, etc.)?
- Is there anything underground nearby (for example, tile lines, wells, water lines, utilities, etc.)? If you will be penetrating the soil more than 15 inches, be sure to call Iowa One Call (811).
- Are there any above ground utilities?
- Where do I need to be able to get equipment in and out of to load/unload animals, feed and haul manure?
- Are there future plans to expand the site?
For more information and tips, contact the Coalition to Support Iowa’s Farmers at 1-800-932-2436 or visit www.supportfarmers.com/greenfarm.