2019 Photo Contest
The Coalition is excited to host their sixth annual photo contest! For more information on how to participate, view the full contest details below.
Submissions accepted: July 1 – July 19
Submissions uploaded to Facebook: July 22
Voting period: July 22 – July 30 (8:00 PM)
Winner announced: July 31 (12:00 PM)
- Participants should submit their favorite photo of how their operation has continuously improved by visiting www.supportfarmers.com/photo-contest July 1 through 19.
- Submissions via the online form will include the entrant’s first and last name, county, selected theme-inspired photo, a photo caption, phone number and mailing address.
- Entrants must be Iowa residents and submissions are limited to one photo per household.
- Photos should be a 300-resolution minimum, fit the 2019 theme, and the participant must ‘like’ the CSIF Facebook page prior to submission.
This year the theme of the contest will focus on the progress of the state’s livestock farming industry to highlight CSIF’s 15th anniversary of assisting Iowa’s farm families in raising livestock responsibly and successfully.
“Part of farming responsibly is appreciating how practices evolve and improve, while remaining true to the traditions and values at the root of an operation,” says CSIF Executive Director Brian Waddingham. “Farming may look a lot different today than it did in the past, but the values of Iowa’s farm families are the same: compassion for livestock care, strong work ethic and a passion for the land. Today’s farmers are always looking for ways to continuously improved their operations. This contest is one way to illustrate the ways Iowa farm families have improved how they raise livestock.”
A picture that takes us back to the past? A photo featuring new technology? A tried-and-true tradition which has remained the same? Show us how your livestock farm has changed over time.
All entries will be posted on July 22 to CSIF’s Facebook page to begin the voting period which will conclude at 8 p.m. on July 30. Votes will be counted by the number of likes each photo receives and will only be counted on the original photo posted on the CSIF Facebook page.
The three photos with the most likes by 8 p.m. on July 30 will receive Iowa State Fair ticket packages.
- Grand prize will go to the photo with the most votes and will be awarded a $150 Visa gift card as well as four general admission tickets to the Iowa State Fair, a parking pass, and four $10 food coupons.
- The photos with second and third highest votes will each receive two general admission tickets to the Iowa State Fair, a parking pass, and two $10 food coupons.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact CSIF Communications Intern Peyton Schmitt – email@example.com.
Sorry. This form is no longer available.